Friday, January 19

Uncle Sonny's Update

Uncle Sonny turned 74 this Wednesday! He wrote the below and I thought it would be fun to share:

On the twentieth of December, I was looking out the window and I could see bare ground with patches of snow in the field across the road. The clouds were low and I couldn’t see the top of the mountain when I realized there were only four more days until Christmas. I hadn’t mailed any cards, done any shopping or written a news letter. I just couldn’t get into the Christmas spirit. I realized that Santa couldn’t get down the modern chimneys, they’re too small, and what about those electrically heated homes. Thermodynamically speaking, if Santa traveled fast enough to visit all the Christian children in the world he and his reindeer would burn up like an asteroid entering our atmosphere. Eight reindeer couldn’t pull a sled large enough to carry all the gifts. In fact, I don’t think there are enough reindeer in the world to pull a sled that big. Please don’t tell the children Santa can’t do all the things that he is suppose to do. Remember, ignorance is bliss.

No comments: