Thursday, August 7

Baby Smith#2

So, we this pregnancy hasn’t been near as easy as Zoe.

  • It took us longer to get pregnant and more money since we had to switch to In-vetro this time.
  • Then I had an erupted varicose vein my uterus at 18 weeks, which was scary and we thought we were losing the baby. Fortunately we haven’t any problems with that since I was at the hospital. I was put on limited activity for a week.
  • I have had a lot of pressure and felt really uncomfortable for most of the pregnancy. Most of all I feel bad for Zoe because there is so much I can’t do with her right now.
    They could not find the babies stomach bubble in the ultrasound, but they finally found it.
  • Now, I just found out that I have Gestational Diabetes. This isn’t really a big deal, I just need to alter my diet and then test/prick myself 4 times a day.
    So, needless to say, I am ready for this baby to come.

    The good news is that the baby seems to be very healthy and strong. It hurts when this one kicks and he or she is very active. Only 9 weeks left!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm sorry you're having and icky time. I loved being pregnant, especially the last 10 weeks. Always amazing. Blech on the ickiness. I'm sorry you've had a bad diagnosis on top of it all.

I'm glad the baby is growing well, and I can't wait to see pictures.