Wednesday, August 26

Update on dad

Well...so here is the scoop thus far. Dad has been having a lot of problems with vertigo this summer and was hospitalized for it and a low heart rate while in Maine. I think all of it is heart related. I listened to his heart on Sunday and it didn't sound right. Irregular heart beat and just sounds wierd (as you can tell I am not clinical by nature). What I am thinking is that he either needs to have his aortic valve, that was replaced in 1994, looked at or a possible pacemaker. We will have to see if my prognosis is right.

The primary care physician referred him to Jasper...but I finally convinced him to go to Jewish Hospital in Louisville, KY. They have an excellent repuation. Mom is calling now to get an appointment with a cardiovascular physician to evaulate what is going on.

So, I will keep you all posted.

No comments: