Thursday, November 2

Being a Mom

My friend Shalyn emailed me this:

“Before I was a Mom...I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.Before I was a Mom…I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay. I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.”

I have to add more to this:

Before I was a mom…..
I washed my hair everyday
I would wash my hair and shave my legs on the same day
Had a spotless home
Could go anywhere anytime…like to the grocery store
Play cribbage on the internet
Reply to emails
Sleep in on the weekends
Take a bath
Eat my supper
Have fun walking around Wal-mart and discovering fun things

BUT I am happy to give up all these things to be a Mom. It is the most wonderful thing in the world.

No comments: