Thursday, September 11

Phone Bill Scam

THIS REALLY JUST HAPPENED TO ME:

So, our phone bill when up $30 this month. I was curious and called to see why. Did you know that when you are in the hospital that they apply the charges to you home telephone bill. I was only in observation for 23 hours and it cost us $17.75 for a phone in my room.

I also had this crazy charge from a voicemail company. They said that I applied for it online and had my email address. We never requested this service and I had to call Cincinnati Bell, then the billing company and then the voicemail company to get it cancelled and dispute the charge.

LESSON LEARNED

Call your phone company. They can block people from billing your home telephone account. Everyone except hospitals that is.

The wierd part is that it was not my hotmail account, but my fuse account which I rarely use.

Crazy huh! Just another internet scam to watch out for.

No comments: