Sunday, September 21

Setting the Record Straight

I have been hearing some inaccuracies in what people have been saying about this pregnancy and below is to set the record straight. Yes, it has been a completely different pregnancy this time, but really all in all I know lots of people who have it worse. I have had no morning sickness and very lucky to have such wonderful summer weather (it could have been so much hotter).

Here is my hospital visits for this pregnancy and the results
  • 18 Weeks - Errupted Vericose Vein in my Uterus. Potentially serious, but since my bleeding stopped immediately I have had no further complications. I was restricted from work for one week and then back to my regular routine.
  • 34 Weeks - Had the flu and went in for IVs/fluids. Once I was given some anti-nausea meds the whole world was a nicer place. I was in over night because the dehydration was causing some minor contractions. Really this was not a big deal.
  • 36 Weeks - We were only at the hospital a few hours and sent home for false labor. Better safe than sorry they said. It was interesting because the power went out while we were there and got to drive home during the big "ike storm of Cincinnati."

So, really all of these visits ended in the baby and me being just fine. No worries everyone.

No comments: